Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pain Braiser


I think I've spent longer on this pedal than I have any of my other ones. I figured a phaser, like most, would be easy as hell to bend. I knew I'd be able to find a run that would make the cycle of the phase shifting feedback like crazy. I was wrong. This was a two day project just experimenting and searching. In fact, I think I fried a chip so I had to do extra searching and combinations of runs to give you control of the mods I did. There are nearly 8 bends in this pedal and I am positive I got every possible one worthwhile. It's a pretty dynamic pedal. The pot gives you a lot of quiet to loud sounds. It has a real sweet spot and search for it. The red button kills the signal no matter if the other mods are engaged or not. If you tap it quick enough, the power will run back into the pedal and the way the cycle of the shifting comes back up slowly is pretty radical. Clicks and rumbles, unique oscillations, and a few settings give you silence. This is cool when you run the pedal into lots of distortion because the hiss of the silence will be amplified tenfold so you will get a nice wall of static. Or, use it without distortion and enjoy it's touchiness. Works well outside of a feedback loop as well as in. Obviously outside a feedback loop is where it will behave more dynamically.

The sound sample was recorded in a feedback loop with a delay pedal, and then run into a ton of distortion. The delay was not engaged the whole time. 

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment